Thursday, February 7, 2013

On My Way

I made my business cards this afternoon. I love how they turned out.


I was inspired by Lyssa Beth's tutorial {HERE}. I found it while perusing EverythingEtsy.com's post "13 Creative Business Cards" {HERE}.

I made them a little differently, though. I used Avery Two-Side Printable Clean Edge Business Cards {HERE} instead of sheets of card stock. Why? Well, I had them on hand and the thought of making all those cuts made me twitchy.

I used Microsoft Publisher which provides a handy template for Avery products.


After I printed the cards, I removed the outer border and separated the sheet into two halves.

Using my wonderful sewing machine Matt bought me for our first Christmas I made a zig-zag stitch through all cards  on both halves.


One at a time I folded the cards to separate them. Using a small pair of scissors {HERE} I cut the thread from underneath - so much easier than cutting from the top.


Voila! Homemade business cards. 

xoxo, Jen